Chondroprotec is a sterile solution used to aid in the treatment of wounds, lesions, burns and other trauma in horses, dogs and cats. Chondroprotec contains polysulfated glycosaminoglycan . Each 10 ml of contains 1000 mg polysulfated glycosaminoglycan. is indicated for use in the treatment of secreting and bleeding dermal lesions, first and second degree burns, trauma injuries, pressure ulcers, Venous Statis ulcers, donor sites and partial and full thickness wounds. Reapply daily and redress wound site every 5-7 days or as needed
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Chondroprotec Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Chondroprotec
- Direction and dosage information for Chondroprotec
This treatment applies to the following species:
Company: NeogenPolysulfated Glycosaminoglycan
Indications for Use:
● Partial and Full Thickness Wounds
● Secreting and Bleeding Dermal Lesions
● 1st and 2nd Degree Burns
● Pressure Ulcers (Stages I-IV)
● Surgical Incisions
● Donor Sites
● Venous Stasis Ulcers
Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Directions For Use
1. Irrigate wound with normal saline solution.
2. Either pour contents of vial or dispense from syringe to withdraw solution and cover wound site.
3. Cover with a non-adherent dressing such as PUF (polyurethane film) or Telfa®. Note: Subsequent applications of CHONDROPROTEC can be injected through the dressing as to not disturb the wound bed.
4. Reapply daily and redress wound site every 5-7 days or as needed.
Store at a temperature between 15°-30°C (59°F – 86°F).
Protect from freezing. Discard unused portion.
Sterile when unopened.
For use on dogs, cats, and horses.
Not for food animal use.
Patent # 5,929,050
Distributed by: Neogen Corporation, 944 Nandino Blvd., Lexington, KY 40511